Building the next generation of confident, well-adjusted cats!
Dogs aren’t the only ones who need early socialization and training. Kittens also benefit from early exposure to new experiences, which help them become confident, well-adjusted adult cats.
Kitten Kindergarten is open to kittens under 4 months of age, and includes:
- Kitten socialization (playtime!)
- Clicker training
- Carrier desensitization and vet visit practice
- Leash and harness training
- Exposure to new people, smells, sights, and sounds
- Important education about litter box management, scratching options, enrichment, and more
- Plenty of Q&A opportunities with members of the SF SPCA cat team!
Contact us at (415) 522-3536 if you’d like to join us as an observer.
Frequency & Duration: 1 hour per week for 3 weeks
Fee: $85 per kitten (half price for the second kitten in a household; each kitten must have its own adult human handler)
Course prerequisites: Kittens must be 16 weeks of age or under on the first day of class, and have had at least 2 in their series of vaccinations and have been dewormed. Cats should be comfortable with gentle handling from a friendly stranger. Very shy or undersocialized kittens will not be a good fit for this class.
Location: SF SPCA Mission Campus
Class includes: Handbook, clicker and target stick, homework, and certificate of completion
Class capacity: 6 kittens. At least one adult human per kitten must attend, and we ask for a maximum of two humans per kitten.